Saturday, May 11, 2013

Obligatory First Post



Hello, and welcome to "The Idiots Aboard". I am a transit bus driver in a smallish California town. A necessary part of the job, of course, includes dealing with people who can best be described as "bus people".

The majority of people who ride a bus are not "bus people". Anyone who has used or worked in public transportation will know the kind of people I mean. For you lucky public transportation innocents, "bus people" are people who are...well, different. Mainly, if weren't for public transit, these folks would be walking or driving their Hoverounds everywhere. But, you'll see.

In this blog I will try to entertain with stories of some of the more interesting exploits of these folks. Names and actionably identifying information will be changed or omitted. Mine is a fairly small transit system, so many of the characters are recurring. Therefore, I'll probably establish a tab with their bios so you can keep them straight.

I hope you enjoy this. And if you're a public transit driver, please submit your own stories for possible publication here (rimpyrimpington@gmail.com).

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again, and looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I don't think I can work under this kind of pressure!

    ReplyDelete